- Course Length: 12 Weeks Course Hours: 16 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview Creating an accurate schedule is more of an art than a science. However, there are some tools and techniques that you can use to be as precise as possible. This e-learning course will introduce you to the most commonly used tools and show you how to apply them to everyday scenarios in the entertainment industry. We recommend that you complete “Intermediate Project Management” before beginning this course.
- Course Length: 12 Weeks Course Hours: 16 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview Research shows that over 80% of lawyers report that networking was an important component of their personal business development plan. In fact, research suggests that for lawyers networking is one of the top five reasons they become involved in bar activities. For most lawyers in the entertainment industry, networking is a foundational means of business development. While the term "networking" is well-known, effective networking is a foreign concept to many. In this e-learning course, you’ll learn the essential ingredients for business networking, including in-person, people-centered connections and online spaces such as LinkedIn.
- Course Length: 12 Weeks Course Hours: 16 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview For managers and artists in today’s entertainment world, it’s essential to have a working knowledge of finance. As entertainment business professionals, we all play a role in our organization’s financial health, whether we realize it or not. If you don’t have training or a background in finance, you may be at a disadvantage as you sit around the management table. This e- learning course will give you the skills that you need to speak knowledgeably about budgets and managing money, and to contribute to the bottom line. We recommend that you complete “Accounting Skills for New Supervisors” before beginning this course.
- Course Length: 12 Weeks Course Hours: 16 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview Critical thinking skills are extremely important in developing a successful career in the entertainment industry. We have to skeptically assess the information we receive. You can't be gullible. You receive a lot of information from artist, lawyers, promoters, agents, and others, and it's absolutely certain that some of that information is wrong and so you have to always filter what you are being told. By constantly questioning both ourselves and all the information we receive from others, you learn how to critically think, solve complex problems, and make changes. In this e-learning course, we don't teach you what to think, we teach how to think. This course offers a set of competencies that serve as a framework entertainment business professionals looking to develop higher order thinking skills.
NexGen Entertainment Lawyers, Getting Stuff Done: Personal Development Boot Camp, Attorney Ricky AndersonCourse Length: 12 Weeks Course Hours: 16 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview We all want to get things done, and done well. Like any other personal challenge, getting things done is a time management method, and managing your time to complete tasks requires a customized system that works for you. This e-learning course will give you a number of organizational tools and techniques to consider. At the end of the course, you will have a personal productivity plan that you can apply right away to get things done.
How to be Legally Effective with Time Management: Get Organized for Peak Performance, Attorney Ricky AndersonCourse Length: 4 Weeks Course Hours: 8 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview As the saying goes, Time is money, and a lot of time and money gets lost in disorganization and poor time management. We also deal with a constant barrage of technology, people, and tasks that can contribute to that disorganization. Failing to manage your time damages your professional reputation, impedes work performance, and causes high stress levels. In this e-learning course you will learn how to make the most of your time by getting a grip on your workflow and office space, using your planner effectively, and delegating some of your work to other people.. The time management strategies you will learn in this course will help you achieve important life and career goals.
- Course Length: 4 Weeks Course Hours: 8 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview While some people seem to be simply bursting with creativity, others find it a struggle to think outside the square. If you fall into the latter category, it is important to understand that boosting your creative and innovative abilities takes practice. Recognizing and honing your own creative potential is a process. In this e-learning course, you will learn techniques and strategies that will spark innovation and creativity, and increase your knowledge base and level of curiosity, the more ideas, patterns, and combinations you can achieve, which then correlates to creating new and innovative products and services in the entertainment business.
How Artist Representation and Giving Effective Feedback is Critical in Entertainment Law, Attorney Ricky AndersonCourse Length: 4 Weeks Course Hours: 8 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview As human beings, we crave positive feedback. However, many people will tell you that when they do get feedback, it’s often because of something they have done wrong. Whether feedback is positive or negative, feedback is an essential element of our growth and development. This e-learning course is designed to help entertainment business professionals learn how to provide feedback any time, in ways that is effective and lasting.