Attorney Ricky Anderson, has been the Managing Partner of the Law Firm of Anderson & Smith P.C., since 1994, based in Houston, Texas. He Lectures global on Entertainment Law, Music Industry Contracts, and Trial Preparation.
Attorney Ricky Anderson has been recognized as one of most distinguished lawyers in the field of entertainment law. Most notable awards are:
· Founder, Attorney Ricky Anderson Entertainment Law Institute
· Grammy Awards Governor for the Recording Academy
· Legal-Professor Scholar-in-Residence, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, 1998-Present
· Chair, National Bar Association’s Entertainment Sports and Arts Law Section
· Grammy U Advocate of Year 2010 – 2011
· Trustee, Prairie View A&M University Foundation (2013-Present)
· Inducted into the National HBCU Pre-Law Hall of Fame 2016
· National Bar Association’s Board Member of the Year 2015
· Thurgood Marshall School of Law Barrister of the Year Award 2004
· Advisor to the Grammy’s Board of Governors Texas Chapter 2010 – 2011
· Wisconsin African-American Lawyer Appreciation Award 2014
· Houston Fisk University Alumni Association – Salutation Award 2014,
· Lifetime Achievement Award in The Sports and Entertainment field 2016
· D-Mars Top 50 Black Attorneys Title Sponsor Award 2013 – 2015, and 2016
· MPAC – The State of Television & Film Industry Appreciation Award 2014
· The National Bar Association’s Entertainment Attorney of the Year, 2006-07
· Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc., 100 Years of Excellence Award (1911-2011) Entertainment Attorney and is an Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Life Member
· Texas Bar Foundation – Life Fellow, Houston Lawyer’s Association – Community Service Award 2015
· Thurgood Marshall School of Law Sports and Entertainment Appreciation Award 2010, 2013 and 2014, Texas Southern University School of Communication
· National Bar Association – Life Member, Black Entertainment & Sports Lawyers Association (BESLA) Life Member
· State Bar of Texas – African American Lawyer’s Association Outstanding Achievement Awards 2015, American Bar Association
· National Bar Association Entertainment, Sports & Arts Law Section of the Year Award 2014
· Inducted into the Black Entertainment & Sports Lawyers Association (BESLA) Entertainment Attorney Hall of Fame 2014
· United States House of Representatives Congressional Recognition from Congress Woman Sheila Jackson Lee
· Grammy Governor for The Recording Academy, Texas Board of Governors 2007 – 2010, 2011 – Present
· Recipient of the National Bar Association’s Presidential Award 2008, 2012, 2014, and 2016
Attorney Ricky Anderson, a graduate of Prairie View A & M University, received a Bachelor Degree of Business Administration in 1983, and then matriculated to Texas Southern University’s Thurgood Marshall School of Law where he received his Juris Doctor Degree in 1992, and successfully admitted to the State Bar of Texas, the same year.
The Law Firm of Anderson & Smith P.C. represents arguably some of the biggest named Celebrities in the world. For example the firm represents, Emmy Awarding Winning Actor, Comedian, and Author Steve Harvey, Host of Family Feud, NBC’s Steve Harvey Talk Show, Steve Harvey’s Little Big Shots, Celebrity Family Feud, Theater Box Office success “Think Like A Man”, the Steve Harvey Show, Steve Harvey’s Big Time, New York Times, Number One Best Seller, Wall Street Journal, Number One Best Seller “Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Man”, “Straight Talk, No Chaser”, “Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Success”, “Jump” and the Nationally Syndicated Steve Harvey Morning Show, Show Time at the Apollo, Kings of Comedy, The Fighting Temptations, Love Don’t Cost A Thing, You Got Served, Racing Strips; Academy Award Winner and Golden Globe Winner, Comedian- Actor Mo’Nique of BET’s The Mo’Nique Show, “The Parkers”, “Fat Chance” “Charm School”, Feature Films “Precious”, “Blackbird”, “Interwoven”, and “Almost Christmas”, and the Nationally Syndicated Radio Show Host of The Mo’Nique Show, Queens of Comedy and “Showtime at the Apollo”; Actor Isaiah Washington, of ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy, NBC’s Bionic Woman, CW’s “The 100”, Spike Lee’s Crooklyn, Clockers, Girl 6, Exit Wounds, Romeo Must Die, True Crime, Bulworth, Out of Sight, Love Jones, Dead Presidents, Stonewall, Dancing in September, Get on the Bus, and Forest Whitaker’s Hurricane Season, Actress Cassi Davis, of Tyler Perry’s House of Payne, Living Single, Married With Children, The Parkers, The Paynes, Madea’s Family Reunion, Madea Goes to Jail, Madea’s Big Happy Family, A Madea Christmas, Aunt Bam’s Place, Madea’s Neighbor From Hell, Hamlet & Hutch, Madea On The Run, Madea’s Tough Love, Boo! A Madea Halloween, Boo 2!! A Madea Halloween, Madea’s Family Funeral, Judge Greg Mathis, The Judge Mathis Show, Four (4) Time Grammy Award Recipient, Gospel Great Yolanda Adams, Nationally Syndicated Yolanda Adams Morning Show, also Celebrity Judge on BET’s “Sunday’s Best” and Actress in Ride Along 2, Ebony Jet Publishing, Ebony Jet Entertainment, LLC, Ebony Jet Holdings, LLC, Grammy Award Winner Tye Tribbett, The BET Series “Joyful Noise”, Grammy Award Winner Bishop Hezekiah Walker, Emmy Award Winning Producer Rushion McDonald of Family Feud, The Steve Harvey Show, “The Steve Harvey Project”, “Sister/Sister”, The “Jamie Foxx Show”, “The Parkers”, MTV’s “Barber Shop”, The Hoodie Awards, Four (4) Time Grammy Award Winning Gospel Duo Tina Campbell, and Erica Campbell p/k/a “Mary Mary”, also Celebrity Judges on BET’s “Sunday’s Best”, Actor Richard T. Jones of “Judging Amy”, Terminator, The Sarah Conor Chronicles, Kathy Sapp, Executive Producer of Fox’s Judge Alex and Judge Faith, Oprah Winfrey Network Suze Orman Show, Comedian –Actor Rickey Smiley, of the Rickey Smiley Morning Show, Host of the BET’s Comic View, and ABC’s Nationally Syndicated Doug Banks Morning Show, Civil Rights Attorney Benjamin Crump of Fox Television’s “We The Jury”, TV One’s “Evidence of Innocence” and A&E’s Tupac Shakur Series, David A. Arnold, Actor and Writer for Tyler Perry’s “Meet The Browns”, Michael Colyar of BET’s “Live in LA”; Comedian-Actor Sinbad, former Host of Showtime at the Apollo, and starring in such films as Necessary Roughness, Houseguest, First Kid, Jingle All The Way, and Goodburger; Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin, The Trayvon Martin Story, R & B Artist “Rome”, Total Entertainment; J. Anthony Brown, of the “Tom Joyner Morning Show” and WB’s “Like Family” Comedian Adele Givens “Queens of Comedy”, “Why Did I Get Married”, “Girlfriends”, “Barbershop”, “The Hugleys”, Ice Cube’s “Are We There Yet”, “The Parkers”, “Tracey Takes On”, “The Players Club”, “Moesha”, “Martin”, “Def Comedy Jam”; WNBA’s three time MVP and four time WNBA World Champion, Houston Comet’s Cynthia Cooper; former Houston Oiler, and Tennessee Titan’s Eddie Robinson, the Late Christopher Rios, professionally known as “Big Pun”, to name a Few. Weekly broadcast Television Shows (Talent/Production) are, The Mo’Nique Show,
Family Feud, NBC’s Steve Harvey Talk Show, The Steve Harvey Project, Judge Greg Mathis, Judge Alex, Tyler Perry’s House of Payne, Tyler Perry’s Meet The Browns, The Judge Mathis Project (solving murders in the African American Community), Ice Cube’s “Are We There Yet”, Sunday’s Best, The Steve Harvey Show, ‘Like Family”, Warner Brothers, “The Parkers”, UPN, Showtime @ Apollo, Sister Sister, UPN, “Steve Harvey’s Big Time”, Warner Brother, Coming to the Stage, BET, and Comic View, BET.
In addition to the network television, movies, feature films, pay per view and HBO deals that Attorney Ricky Anderson develops, he is the Former Chairman and CEO of the Black Broadcasting Network Inc., is the former CEO and President of CBS Records, Inc., A Texas Corporation and the majority shareholder in Big City Enterprises, and Qudel Promotions, Inc., producing national concerts such as the “Kings of Comedy”, “Jazzfest”, “the Boys are Back”, and “the Hip Hop Comedy Reunion Tour”. He is also the Executive Producer of The Nationally Syndicated Music Video Television Show, “Big City”, and such Independent Feature Films as “Renegade”, “Beach Party Weekend”, “A Freakin Documentary with Shamar Moore”, and “Beach Party”.
For more information go to Attorneyrickyanderson.com