- Course Length: 4 Weeks Course Hours: 8 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview Many of us flinch when we hear terms like depreciation, cash flow, balance sheet, and (worst of all!) budgets. However, these are all important concepts to understand if you're going to succeed in the entertainment industry, particularly as an entertainer or manager. This e-learning course will help you get started in the accounting world.
Developing a High Reliability Organization in an Ever-changing Field of Entertainment Law, Attorney Ricky AndersonCourse Length: 4 Weeks Course Hours: 8 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview Today’s world is full of the unexpected. System failures, terrorism events, disease outbreaks, and natural disasters disrupt businesses every day, sometimes to an unrecoverable point. Despite these challenges, some services (such as power plants, hospitals, and airports) have no choice but to continue operating. The entertainment business also continues to operate, and the demand can be greater in a crisis. This e-learning course will explore how service organizations maintain high reliability even in times of serious crisis and stability. We will share their secrets in a way that can be applied to all entertainment businesses in order to create high reliability and continued success.
- Course Length: 4 Weeks Course Hours: 8 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview Successful inventory management involves creating a purchasing plan to ensure that items are available when they are needed. It is important to keep track of existing inventory and its use, and competent inventory management seeks to control the costs associated with the inventory. This e-learning course will teach you how to effectively manage these items, which are collectively referred to as “inventory".
The World of Touring and Music in Cyberspace and Managing the Virtual Workplace, Attorney Ricky AndersonCourse Length: 4 Weeks Course Hours: 8 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview Virtual workers and virtual teams are an essential part of today’s workforce. More than ever, people are using technology to work anywhere, anytime. As a manager, it’s important to understand how these new tools change your role and the people that you work with. There are big benefits to today’s virtual workplace, but there can be big challenges, too. This e-learning course will teach entertainment business professionals how to prepare for the virtual workplace, create telework programs, build virtual teams, leverage technology, and overcome cultural barriers.
- Course Length: 4 Weeks Course Hours: 8 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview As an entertainment attorney, I have found that body language can make or break our efforts to establish long, trusting relationships. Paying attention to an individual's body language can improve our ability to assess a client’s true emotions and attitudes. Learning how to read unconscious nonverbal signals is an important piece of the sales cycle, failure to consider body language in sales you are leaving money on the table and losing sales. This e-learning course can help you make sure your body language is sending the right message.
- Course Length: 4 Weeks Course Hours: 8 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview Anger is a universal experience. Managing anger productively is something that few individuals, organizations, and societies do well, even though it’s an important component of being successful in the entertainment business. You don’t have to be a psychologist to know that managing anger productively is something few individuals, organizations, and societies do well. Yet research tells us that those who do manage their anger at work are much more successful than those who don’t. This e-learning course will give you some ways to manage your anger as well as angry people to be sucessful.
- Course Time: 8 hours Time to complete: 30 days from date of purchase Take a look in your wallet. How many points, rewards, and loyalty cards do you have? These are all examples of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) programs. What does your business offer to reward existing customers and gain new ones? This e-learning course will introduce the different facets of CRM and identify who the customers really are. It will also analyze the key components of CRM and explore how it can be integrated within your entertainment business.
- Course Length: 4 Weeks Course Hours: 8 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview While some people seem to be simply bursting with creativity, others find it a struggle to think outside the square. If you fall into the latter category, it is important to understand that boosting your creative and innovative abilities takes practice. Recognizing and honing your own creative potential is a process. In this e-learning course, you will learn techniques and strategies that will spark innovation and creativity, and increase your knowledge base and level of curiosity, the more ideas, patterns, and combinations you can achieve, which then correlates to creating new and innovative products and services in the entertainment business.
- Course Length: 4 Weeks Course Hours: 8 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview In the entertainment industry, the sales industry keeps evolving, and if you are a sales person that means you need to keep growing too! Today’s successful salespeople in the industry focus on personal efficiency, delivering more to existing customers, and customer-focused selling. In this light, being an entertainment salesperson is an exciting and dynamic profession, and the new generation of sales professionals should be highly trained and well groomed, with the characteristics of honesty, trustworthiness, and competence. In this e-learning course, you will learn how to improve your ability to plan and deliver a professional sales presentation, and teach you skills and techniques that will help you to create a positive impression with the customer and advance the sale.