Launch sale starting @ $99! (Limited Time Only)
- Course Length: 4 Weeks Course Hours: 8 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview In this course, you will learn about the seven R’s and four T’s that traditionally represent the key activities of risk management. This will give you a framework that you can customize for a single project, a department, or an entire company.
- Course Length: 4 Weeks Course Hours: 8 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview Many of us flinch when we hear terms like depreciation, cash flow, balance sheet, and (worst of all!) budgets. However, these are all important concepts to understand if you're going to succeed in the entertainment industry, particularly as an entertainer or manager. This e-learning course will help you get started in the accounting world.
Music Publisher Agreements and Developing How to Write Reports and Proposals, Attorney Ricky AndersonCourse Length: 4 Weeks Course Hours: 8 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview In the entertainment industry, reports and proposals come in a variety of formats. All formats, however, rely on good writing skills and a solid framework. When you put words on paper—whether for an e-marketing campaign, a business letter, or a marketing/ advertising campaign, you’re making a powerful statement about yourself and your brand. In this e-learning course, you will learn how to write to get the results you desire, make your message clear and concise for your reader, and develop more polished, more powerful written communications than ever before. We recommend that you complete “Business Writing That Works” before beginning this course.
- Course Time: 8 hours Time to complete: 30 days from date of purchase Take a look in your wallet. How many points, rewards, and loyalty cards do you have? These are all examples of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) programs. What does your business offer to reward existing customers and gain new ones? This e-learning course will introduce the different facets of CRM and identify who the customers really are. It will also analyze the key components of CRM and explore how it can be integrated within your entertainment business.
How Being an Active Listener is a Necessary Critical Skill in Entertainment Law, Attorney Ricky AndersonCourse Length: 4 Weeks Course Hours: 8 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview Communication skills are at the heart of everything we do each day, whether at home, at work, or at play. Research shows that we remember between 25 percent and 50 percent of what we hear. That means when you talk the your boss, colleagues, artists, or other people for 5 minutes, they pay attention to less than half of the conversation. By learning to actively listen , you will improve your productivity, as well as your ability to influence, persuade and negotiate in the industry. More importantly, you'll avoid conflict and misunderstandings. All of these are necessary for workplace success in the Entertainment industry. This e-learning course focuses on active listening, which encompasses the best of communication.
- Course Length: 12 Weeks Course Hours: 16 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview Negotiating is a fundamental fact of life. Whether you’re negotiating a big deal with lots of money on the table or trying to get your artist to agree to a reasonable contract, the principles are the same. The ability to negotiate successfully can make the difference between success and failure. With this in mind, this e-learning course will teach you to analyze the problem, prepare for a bargaining meeting, take control of your emotions, and foster a collaborative atmosphere during negotiations.
- Course Length: 12 Weeks Course Hours: 16 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview Critical thinking skills are extremely important in developing a successful career in the entertainment industry. We have to skeptically assess the information we receive. You can't be gullible. You receive a lot of information from artist, lawyers, promoters, agents, and others, and it's absolutely certain that some of that information is wrong and so you have to always filter what you are being told. By constantly questioning both ourselves and all the information we receive from others, you learn how to critically think, solve complex problems, and make changes. In this e-learning course, we don't teach you what to think, we teach how to think. This course offers a set of competencies that serve as a framework entertainment business professionals looking to develop higher order thinking skills.
- Course Length: 12 Weeks Course Hours: 16 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview We all know what good writing is. It’s the novel we can’t put down, the poem we never forgot, and the speech that changes the way we look at the world. Good writing is the memo that gets action and the letter that says what a phone call cannot. Good writing is hard work, and even the best writers get discouraged. In business, you also want to be a good writer. That means your language is concrete, the point of view is clear, and the legal points are well expressed. In this e-learning course, you will learn the basic principles of business writing, which you can immediately put into action—on anything from emails to legal documents.
Problem Solving Artist Recording Agreements with Sound Decision Making Techniques, Attorney Ricky AndersonCourse Length: 12 Weeks Course Hours: 16 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview As an entertainment professionals, we make decisions and solve problems continually. Sometimes, we will have made as many as 50 decisions before we leave for work. Despite all the natural decision making that we have to make, some people are very uncomfortable with having to make hard decisions. This e-learning course will show you how to find a decision making process that allows you to identify creative solutions, research decision making strategies, and then put things together in a way that helps make decision making easier.