- Course Length: 4 Weeks Course Hours: 8 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview While some people seem to be simply bursting with creativity, others find it a struggle to think outside the square. If you fall into the latter category, it is important to understand that boosting your creative and innovative abilities takes practice. Recognizing and honing your own creative potential is a process. In this e-learning course, you will learn techniques and strategies that will spark innovation and creativity, and increase your knowledge base and level of curiosity, the more ideas, patterns, and combinations you can achieve, which then correlates to creating new and innovative products and services in the entertainment business.
- Course Length: 4 Weeks Course Hours: 8 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview If you are like most sales professionals in the entertainment industry, you are always looking for ways to overcome customer objections and close the sale. This course will help you to work through objectives effectively. We will help you plan and prepare for objections so that you can address customer concerns, reduce the number of objections you encounter, and improve your averages at closing sales.
- Course Time: 8 hours Time to complete: 30 days from date of purchase Take a look in your wallet. How many points, rewards, and loyalty cards do you have? These are all examples of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) programs. What does your business offer to reward existing customers and gain new ones? This e-learning course will introduce the different facets of CRM and identify who the customers really are. It will also analyze the key components of CRM and explore how it can be integrated within your entertainment business.
- Course Length: 4 Weeks Course Hours: 8 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview Anger is a universal experience. Managing anger productively is something that few individuals, organizations, and societies do well, even though it’s an important component of being successful in the entertainment business. You don’t have to be a psychologist to know that managing anger productively is something few individuals, organizations, and societies do well. Yet research tells us that those who do manage their anger at work are much more successful than those who don’t. This e-learning course will give you some ways to manage your anger as well as angry people to be sucessful.
- Course Length: 4 Weeks Course Hours: 8 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview As an entertainment attorney, I have found that body language can make or break our efforts to establish long, trusting relationships. Paying attention to an individual's body language can improve our ability to assess a client’s true emotions and attitudes. Learning how to read unconscious nonverbal signals is an important piece of the sales cycle, failure to consider body language in sales you are leaving money on the table and losing sales. This e-learning course can help you make sure your body language is sending the right message.
Creating, Building and Managing the Artist Brand and How to Pitch to Corporate America, Attorney Ricky AndersonCourse Length: 12 Weeks Course Hours: 16 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview Your brand is the vehicle that propels your product or service into your customers’ lives and their hearts. What does your brand say about you? A good brand is much more than an attractive image combined with some witty type. Your brand must reflect the heart and soul of your product, and offer a promise that you can live up to. This e-learning course will get you started on the road to creating a perfect brand.
- Course Length: 4 Weeks Course Hours: 8 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview If you’ve ever had an awkward moment where: You aren’t sure which fork to use, You don’t know which side plate is yours, You’ve ever had to make small talk with a Very Important Person and been lost for words… Then you know just how agonizing such moments can be. Even worse (and what can be even more damaging to your career) are the social gaffes you aren’t even aware you make. This course will help you handle most of those socially difficult moments. You’ll have an extra edge in areas you may not have given a lot of thought to before.
- Course Length: 12 Weeks Course Hours: 16 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview We all know what good writing is. It’s the novel we can’t put down, the poem we never forgot, and the speech that changes the way we look at the world. Good writing is the memo that gets action and the letter that says what a phone call cannot. Good writing is hard work, and even the best writers get discouraged. In business, you also want to be a good writer. That means your language is concrete, the point of view is clear, and the legal points are well expressed. In this e-learning course, you will learn the basic principles of business writing, which you can immediately put into action—on anything from emails to legal documents.
- Course Length: 12 Weeks Course Hours: 16 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview Have you ever wondered why it seems so difficult to talk with some people, yet so easy to talk with others? Can you recall an occasion where you met someone for the first time and immediately liked that person? Something about the individual made you feel comfortable. A major goal of this e-learning course is to help you understand the impact your communication skills have on other people. In this course, you will also explore how improving these skills can make it easier for you to effectively communicate in the workplace, and in life.