- Course Length: 4 Weeks Course Hours: 8 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview In this course, you will learn about the seven R’s and four T’s that traditionally represent the key activities of risk management. This will give you a framework that you can customize for a single project, a department, or an entire company.
How Advanced Writing Skills Will Gain You Credibility at the Entertainment Table, Attorney Ricky AndersonCourse Length: 4 Weeks Course Hours: 8 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview Entertainment business professionals spend a lot of time to writing letters of recommendation, of persuasion, of refusal, or of action, that reflect current word usage and up-to-date formats. This course is designed for good writers. In this e-learning course, you will learn how to write specific kinds of documents, including letters, business cases, reports, and proposals. You will also review some fundamental writing rules, such as the four C's of writing and paragraph construction. Therefore, we recommend that you complete “Business Writing That Works” before beginning this course.
Music Publisher Agreements and Developing How to Write Reports and Proposals, Attorney Ricky AndersonCourse Length: 4 Weeks Course Hours: 8 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview In the entertainment industry, reports and proposals come in a variety of formats. All formats, however, rely on good writing skills and a solid framework. When you put words on paper—whether for an e-marketing campaign, a business letter, or a marketing/ advertising campaign, you’re making a powerful statement about yourself and your brand. In this e-learning course, you will learn how to write to get the results you desire, make your message clear and concise for your reader, and develop more polished, more powerful written communications than ever before. We recommend that you complete “Business Writing That Works” before beginning this course.
- Course Length: 4 Weeks Course Hours: 8 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview While some people seem to be simply bursting with creativity, others find it a struggle to think outside the square. If you fall into the latter category, it is important to understand that boosting your creative and innovative abilities takes practice. Recognizing and honing your own creative potential is a process. In this e-learning course, you will learn techniques and strategies that will spark innovation and creativity, and increase your knowledge base and level of curiosity, the more ideas, patterns, and combinations you can achieve, which then correlates to creating new and innovative products and services in the entertainment business.
- Course Length: 12 Weeks Course Hours: 16 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview Negotiating is a fundamental fact of life. Whether you’re negotiating a big deal with lots of money on the table or trying to get your artist to agree to a reasonable contract, the principles are the same. The ability to negotiate successfully can make the difference between success and failure. With this in mind, this e-learning course will teach you to analyze the problem, prepare for a bargaining meeting, take control of your emotions, and foster a collaborative atmosphere during negotiations.
- Course Length: 12 Weeks Course Hours: 16 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview Critical thinking skills are extremely important in developing a successful career in the entertainment industry. We have to skeptically assess the information we receive. You can't be gullible. You receive a lot of information from artist, lawyers, promoters, agents, and others, and it's absolutely certain that some of that information is wrong and so you have to always filter what you are being told. By constantly questioning both ourselves and all the information we receive from others, you learn how to critically think, solve complex problems, and make changes. In this e-learning course, we don't teach you what to think, we teach how to think. This course offers a set of competencies that serve as a framework entertainment business professionals looking to develop higher order thinking skills.
- Course Length: 12 Weeks Course Hours: 16 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview We all know what good writing is. It’s the novel we can’t put down, the poem we never forgot, and the speech that changes the way we look at the world. Good writing is the memo that gets action and the letter that says what a phone call cannot. Good writing is hard work, and even the best writers get discouraged. In business, you also want to be a good writer. That means your language is concrete, the point of view is clear, and the legal points are well expressed. In this e-learning course, you will learn the basic principles of business writing, which you can immediately put into action—on anything from emails to legal documents.
Problem Solving Artist Recording Agreements with Sound Decision Making Techniques, Attorney Ricky AndersonCourse Length: 12 Weeks Course Hours: 16 ________________________________________________________________________ Course Overview As an entertainment professionals, we make decisions and solve problems continually. Sometimes, we will have made as many as 50 decisions before we leave for work. Despite all the natural decision making that we have to make, some people are very uncomfortable with having to make hard decisions. This e-learning course will show you how to find a decision making process that allows you to identify creative solutions, research decision making strategies, and then put things together in a way that helps make decision making easier.